The concierge is on site between the hours of 08.00 and 16.30 Monday to Friday.
The concierge office is located in the front lobby, contact telephone no’s are 0191 261 8528 or 07934 853 660.
The concierge operates a parcels service for resident leaseholders only, other tenants must make their own collection arrangements
In the event of an emergency (other than fire) during the hours of 08.00 to 16.30 the first point of contact is the Concierge
Emergencies are considered to be something that is either an immediate danger to your safety and /or an issue which could cause additional or unnecessary damage to the property or adjacent properties if not attended to immediately
Examples of an emergency are: total electrical failure or water leaks in the communal areas.
Examples of non-emergencies are lift breakdowns, lost fobs/keys, failure of electricity in apartment.
Out of hours emergency cover:
16.30 to 21.00 – Concierge 0191 261 8528 or 07934 853 660
21.00 to 08.30 – T3 Security 07720 089 340
T3 charge for their services so before calling please ensure it is a genuine emergency; otherwise you will be personably liable for any charges relating to that call out, leaseholders will be ultimately responsible for any charges issued to their tenants
The Fire alarm system is tested between 1pm – 3pm every Tuesday morning. Please be aware that although this is a regular occurrence attention should be paid if the alarm sounds for a longer period than normal and appropriate action taken.
GENERAL FIRE EVACUATION PROCEDURE
What you must do if you discover a fire:
- Raise the alarm – Shout Fire, Fire, Fire and operate the nearest break-glass alarm call point to warn everyone in the building there is a fire.
If you suspect a fire still raise the alarm. Do not search for the seat of the fire. Opening the door to a room in which there is a fire could have serious consequences. Leave any search to the fire brigade.
- Call the Fire Brigade immediately by dialling 999 even though the fire alarm is connected to a remote Automatic Fire Alarm monitoring station.
- Ensure the building is being evacuated – alert Concierge during office hours.
- Only tackle the fire with a portable fire extinguisher it it is safe to do so and you know how to use one.
- Use the correct type of extinguisher.
- Keep your escape clear by ensuring the fire is not between you and an escape route to outside.
What you must do if you hear ‘Fire’ shouted, or the fire alarm sounding:
- Leave the building PROMPTLY – DO NOT attempt to collect personal belongings.
- Close doors behind you, only if time permits.
- Observe any specific instructions about isolating equipment, or services.
- Use your nearest exit (follow the green ‘Running-man’ signs)
- If you find fire, or smoke blocking your route then use an alternative one.
- Do not use lifts.
- Once out of the building proceed to the designated Fire Assembly Point (on the piazza opposite the glass front doors on Level 0). Listen to instructions given by Fire Marshals, or Wardens.
- Move away from the building and keep entrances clear for the Fire Brigade.
- Do not go back into the building until you are informed it is safe to do so.
Silencing the alarm is not a signal to re-enter the building.
Instruct visitors what exit to use and/or escort them outside and direct them to the Fire Assembly Point.
Whenever possible ensure that disabled persons who may have difficulties are accompanied
What to do in the event of :
Anti Social Behaviour – all tenants are expected to respect the right to quiet enjoyment of their fellow tenants and anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.
Noise nuisance – any instances of excessive noise at night should in the first instance be reported to Newcastle City Council Noise team who operate between the hours 7pm and 4am Friday to Monday and 7pm to 1.30am Tuesday to Thursday. The Night Watch service may be contacted on 0191 278 7878 or by emailing email@example.com. When calls are received they are usually responded to within 1 hour.
General nuisance or misbehaviour should be reported to the police.
In all cases please email details of the incident and action taken to firstname.lastname@example.org to enable further appropriate action to be taken
A Water Leak in your apartment
Turn your water off at the stop cock in the tank cupboard (if water is still escaping contact the concierge to investigate and isolate the water supply to your apartment)
In any event the leak must be reported to the concierge.
Water leaking into your apartment from elsewhere
During the hours 08.30 to 16.30 notify the concierge.
During the hours 16.30 to 08.30 check with the adjacent apartments and those above to see if the occupants are aware of a leak and ask them to turn their water off to prevent further damage. Notify the concierge as soon as possible.
If the water leak is major, telephone the out of hours emergency number
Electricity failure in your apartment
Check the fuse box to ensure a failed bulb or such like has not tripped the fuse, if , so reset it. If not resolved report the problem to your landlord.
Other issues in your apartment
Maintenance of the interior of the apartment and fixtures and fittings is the responsibility of the leaseholder (owner)
Building Insurance Claims
Historically almost all insurance claims have been due to water leaks, often caused by failure to maintain the shower and associated water seals. It is the leaseholders (owner’s) responsibility to ensure this maintenance is carried out, a small undetected leak in one apartment can cause damage in several adjacent apartments resulting in substantial costs which may or may not be covered by insurance and will be the leaseholders (owner) responsibility to rectify.
The management company can provide a maintenance service via an approved contractor, contact the concierge for details
In the event of a potential insurance claim the following process must be observed
a) take any immediate steps you can to limit any damage i.e. turn off water
b) notify the concierge, who will arrange for the damage to be assessed to ascertain if it warrants an insurance claim
Please note no insurance claims will be considered if the above procedure has not been followed.